Sunday 3 July 2011

NAIROBERRY!!!

i had planned on spending my sunday indoors. despite my buying wrong cds...twice(i have this particualar series i want to watch but i don't know the name. i bought life as we know it and accidentally on purpose on two separate occasions thinking it was it...hmmm...talk about confusion). i had still planned on spending my day indoors before Boss(dad) called me and told me to go pick Rajab(long lost prodigal uncle of mine who was exiled in India because no one could live with him).
so i wake up earlier than usual and have my morning treat of cake, biscuits and milk in the morning sun.vitamin D moment i call it. then tweet away @meddyguru, update flowetree and after all i get to listen to some crazy beats as i prepare. so i'm off.a few steps into tao(from khoja to posta number 9) n i'm faced by this chokosh. now i'm a short guy, so most people will tower over me...and this guy was tall. he approaches with his dirty fist to got to and asks for some change...my first reaction is to run....which i do. so i duck him and now he is behind me. but the guy doesn't give up. he pulls me back...again...the dirty hands...now on my sweater(white). he goes on about how he is starving and has a kid who is sick. i normally do not give out change in town...even to the little kids.i wasn't going to give out this time...then shit happened.

after realizing i wasn't going to give him anything, he pulled out that weapon they have tucked in the inside pockets of their overcoats(it isn't a 9mm)but rather...a small tin full of shit. so now that we have a new deal on the table...we had to negotiate. so im like.'you want money for food, ok. lemmie buy you food.' by now we are at that baker's inn. so i get in, buy something the guy jovial on my back yapping away.  i hand him the food but he refuses and says he wants the doe.so i give him a 50.he asks me where i'm headed. south c...how much fare?50...i get his flow. i tell him to give me the 50 nad i hand him the 100 and we walk on...
by now many of you are wondering why i did not just take to my heels.or yell MWIZI! i don't know either. i thought after all the 'bonding' that was going on, he would just be satisfied and let me go. i had been forced to give away my belongings like 3 moths ago...happened in the same area. the incident was different. these were well dressed guys(obviously not dressed as well as i do) but not as muggers either. they made away with my 2 month old E-90, mob doe and my beloved ring.(i was a target because they assumed i had a laptop...im my man purse that couldnt even fit the E-90 SHAME) so you think when something like this happens again will b ready. i had even replayed what i'd do and say in case. i think i'm on of those cases of easier said than done...ama i sit easier thought than done.
to cut a very short story very short. the guy did not leave me alone. he made away with my phone...and the 100.haha he had almost dragged me to his colleagues...i guess i escaped that, the shit obviously and some filled up syringes he kept brandishing.
i hate the ghetto side of town(the other side of tom mboya).mostly beacause of the congestion and commotion. now i have vowed never to set a foot there again.
i eventually make my way to south c. i'm with akil's aunt and she tries consoling me with some stories of other pople who have been through the same.6 in the past week and herself...some years ago. she was actually smeared with shit...:P(that was conoslation enough). i call boss and he insists i have to make my way to the airport.honestly i was in no mood.i still blame the events on his sending me. but you don't say no to boss. so i make my was to JKIA.
last time i was there. man....i grow too fast.i ask around and get the international arrivals. prodigal nephew's flight was scheduled to land at 1.30. i was 30mins late. so i stand directly infront of the arrival exit....and wait...and wait...AND WAIT!!
 i go to the help desk but all i know is that it is a flight from india and was scheduled to land at 1.30. so they say clearing takes some time...so i go back to my spot...and wait. now everyone had placards with names of their respective customners. i wondered why i did not make one...:-s. Guys must feel goldy walking from arrivals and having a placcard with their name. i must try that...newho,Rajab is nowhere at 4. i have no phone to call home. tricky...i ask around and some vendor helps out. i ask boss and he tells me to wait out...again, you do not say no to boss. at 6 i just walked away. afterall, he can't call and fuss...

2 comments: